Renting & Real Estate's questions - Filipino iziqna

Hello, what would in your opinion be a fair split of rent for a studio apartment, assuming everything is shared equally (room size, utilities, etc.)? The only thing is, this roommate would be staying for five nights per week and going back home on the weekends. I don't think 50/50 would be fair as I would... show more

How can I cut my roommates power?

39 answers · 4 days ago
So she’s a ***** and refuses to pay me her utilities. I changed the internet password and she’s flipping her ****. But she always leaves all the power on. So how can I shut the power off on her when we’re gone?

Myself and my partner viewed a house on Saturday, and I fell in love. House up for 265,000. We put in an offer the following Monday for 252,500. Declined straight away. We then put in 258,000. It was declined and the estate agent said they wanted closer to the 260,000 mark. We then put up our offer to 259,000 on... show more

Why would they remove their sign post?

I'm the only one on the lease with my landlord, but my landlord has given me permission to sublet one of the rooms in the two bedroom unit that I have rented. I searched for a long time for roommate, and the girl who was interested in the place signed the lease with me, and gave me the deposits (security/damage... show more

I am moving into a half house and I'm wondering whether I need to connect electricity myself, or whether the house will already have electricity and I will be paying a portion of the whole bill produced by myself plus the tenants in the other half of the house? I will be asking the agent but right now it's... show more

A listing agent said there is an offer on a property she listed for sale. Can I ask her what the offer was and make an offer for more than the offer she has right now?

Writing to a landlord?

15 answers · 2 days ago
So last month the state did an inspection on our apartment (they did all apartments in the building). Yesterday we got a letter from our landlord saying that we could not use the basement as a bedroom anymore and either have to stop using it as a bedroom or move out. We have decided to move out but I’m not sure... show more

It’s all going so fast and feel like I don’t have time to fix some stuff around the house. Do they go in garage also? This is so nerve wrecking.

I have a home that I build on my parents property 21 years ago under the promise that the land would be put in my name after I had lived here 5 years. The 5 years came and went and my parents refuse to put the land in my name. They also refuse to sell me enough land so I can sell my home and move. My house is... show more

She’s planning on naming her “Starchild”

My daughter has an ESA cat. She got the approval of the property management and her roommates before they moved in together. They just told her they don’t want the cat to live there anymore. The law protects us, but she wants to move out as the girls are making life very uncomfortable for her. They refuse to let... show more

Only me and my roommate would be living in this apartment, and although she is only one person she is insisting on using the dishwasher machine for her a few dishes that she would be using daily. Our dishwasher needs a small repair, but aside from that, even i myself do not use the dishwashing machine as every... show more

Not sure what to do. Buyer works for a termite company. Our termite co said there are no active termites, and the damage is a little hole they fixed back in 2014! The buyer wants us to allow him to get into the wall and see if there is any damage. Should that be on him financially? What if he makes the hole, there... show more